MTN Nigeria is seeking to employ suitable and qualified applicants to fill the position of Analyst, Information Management .
The Position is based in Nigeria.
Analyst, Information Management Job Description
- Responsible for supporting and developing the current Information Management applications and initiatives. Involves in the investigation and analysis of user problems and application bugs and subsequent problem resolution and technical testing.
- Review future business needs for Information Management systems and identify key requirements and integration needs of suitable applications, identifying trade-offs between competing systems.
- Analyse organisational needs and identify business requirements and design related applications, as well as assist business analysts to define user information and reporting requirements.
- Lead staff in the Information Management team and lead in carrying out technical tasks including ETL, data modeling, back-end development and user access programming.
- Provide day to day management oversight for the Information Management services to ensure incidents and service requests and escalations are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- Monitor and maintain the performance of Information Management systems within the business and implement improvements to related systems, processes and operations.
- Lead team in supporting operations/analysis and ensure that operational delivery of system outputs are met in line with OLAs and SLAs.
- Liaise with application vendors and ensure SLAs are met through extensive review/negotiation of SLA agreements.
- Liaise with vendors to deliver support and solutions and provide recommendations on Information Management service improvements, application solutions and enhancements.
- Producing relevant technical documentation and specifications
- Integration of big data solutions with existing reporting and analytical solutions
- Develop and implement big data models and solutions
Analyst, Information Management Job Requirements
- B.Sc – Computer Science or related field from a reputable institution
- 4 years working experience
- Experience in Business Intelligence/Big Data including the following:
- Practical experience as a team lead/manager
- data modeling experience,: star schemas, relational modeling, snowflake models and translating logical data models into physical
- Vast experience in Business Intelligence/Big Data methodologies
- Application development and support experience in the Telecommunications sector
- Oracle PL/SQL and standard SQL.
- Hadoop or similar
- Exposure to typical Mobile Telecommunications applications
- Billing systems (Corporate & Retail Billing, Interconnect Billing)
- ERP systems (Distribution, Retail, Finance, Payroll, HR, Asset Management)
- SIM & Mobile Applications ( EVD, Contents Management System, SIM management Application)
- GSM network interfacing applications (Provisioning, Pre-Paid management systems)
- Fraud Management Applications
- Value Added Services(VAS) Applications
- Exposure to typical Mobile Telecommunications applications will be an advantage
- Operating systems:
- Unix – Sun Solaris and True64, MS W2000
- Application development and Maintenance functions:
- PL/SQL and standard SQL
- MIS/EIS/EDW development tools
- Reporting Infrastructure – Data modeling
- ETL tools
- ODS construction and reporting
- Metadata tools
- User access tools – Business Object preferred
- Data Profiling
- Service management software knowledge
- Office automation products:
- Widely used email applications
- MS Office product suite
- Formal training in application architecture principles, technology architecture and systems integration.
- Specific training on application development tools and programming languages
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours.
- Work within a multicultural, diverse and dynamic start-up environment.
- Projects and constraints will require overtime and weekend work.
Application Closing Date
5th December, 2017.