MTN Nigeria is seeking to employ suitable and qualified applicants to fill the position of Database Analyst .
The Position is based in Nigeria.
- Develop and maintain CPG databases and conduct training on database functions and use for users and intending users of CPG database
- Value created by optimizing business projects/activities
- Assist in planning and designing databases as well as maintain links to ensure functionalities are operating properly.
- Design and develop specific databases in Oracle, MS Access and Filmmaker for collection, tracking and reporting of data.
- Develop graphic user interface and generate Oracle SQL scripts to extract site build data from network group.
- Develop and present training programs on new database developed; and utilize methods for evaluation and quality control of research or operational data.
- Collect, analyze, interpret and summarize data to generate statistical and analytical reports.
- Provide a wide variety of administrative support services to the department and also support the ERP software, database structure and data.
- Research new database development requirements and produce model based on the requirements.
- Maintain records of research methods and results and back up all databases.
- Work on the database/code management review and documentation; using industry best practices for security and efficiency.
- Value created from Customer engagement & Operations:
- Work with IS team for configuration of hardware/software to perform installations, testing, upgrades, as well as optimization of data storage, efficiencies, capacity planning and database growth.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
Database Analyst Job Condition
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Local travel
Database Analyst Job Requirements, Experience & Training
- First degree in Computer Science or its equivalent
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in an Information Technology environment, with experience in data analysis
Database Analyst Job Application Closing Date
5th December, 2017.