ZTE nubia X Specs & Price: A Phone With Two screens and Two fingerprint readers
ZTE nubia X is finally official – a dual screen flagship. Arguably, the phone’s best feature is the main display achieving 93.6% screen-to-body ratio. It uses and LCD panel, while on the back you get a secondary OLED screen.
The secondary one stretches to 5.1″ and has the same 19:9 aspect ratio but lower HD+ (720 x 1520) resolution. The latter can be used as additional controls during gaming and can be mapped to your liking.
The ZTE nubia X are powered by a Snapdragon 845 chipset paired with either 6GB or 8GB of RAM while storage can go up to 256GB and 64GB is as low as it gets. MicroSD card expansion is not supported.
The nubia X doesn’t have a front-facing camera, as you can easily snap selfies with the dual setup on the back using the secondary screen. You can expect some pretty sharp stills from the 16MP main lens with f/1.8 aperture while the 24MP unit boasts a brighter f/1.7 lens. The cameras are aided by AI scene recognition feature and PDAF phase detection autofocus.
The nubia X comes with a 3,800 mAh battery that promises to last at least a full day of usage and we have Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box with nubia’s UI 6.0.2 on top.
Interestingly, the phone also has two fingerprint readers positioned on the two sides. Depending on which one you use, you can unlock either screen. The scanners also double as navigation buttons.
Checkout the full specs, features, availability and price of ZTE nubia X below.
ZTE nubia X Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Data Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (6CA) Cat18 1200/150 Mbps
SIM Type & Count
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) / Nubia UI 6.0
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 154.1 x 73.3 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 181 g
- Colours: Blue gold, Sea blue, Black gold, Deep gray
- Type: LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.26 inches, 97.8 cm2 (~86.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2280 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Multitouch: Yes
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Secondary display (on the back): OLED, 5.1 inches, 720 x 1520 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 (10 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.65 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 630
- RAM: 6/8 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB, 128/256 GB
- External Storage: No
- Main Storage
- Front-facing Camera: No – uses main camera
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/FLAC/eAAC+ player
- Video Support: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 5mm jack: No
- DTS HD sound
- 32-bit/384kHz audio
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Dual fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Photo/video editor
- Document viewer
- Charging: Fast battery charging 9V/2A 18W (Quick Charge 4.0)
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 3800 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: October 31, 2018
- Availability: November 5, 2018
- 6GB/64GB versioncosts CNY 3,299 ($473)
- 8GB/128GB versioncosts CNY 3,699 ($530)
- 8GB/256GB versioncosts CNY 4,199 ($602)
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.